Saturday, June 11, 2011

Happy Summer

I really don't intend to turn this into a food blog, but since I love to cook and eat...I guess I'll be sharing. I really could do this everyday - get up and think about what I'm going to make today. And since it's summer, I've got the time. My perfect job - somewhere between food blogging, trying out recipes and checking out restaurants...now, if I could only figure out how to get paid since I already do this...I've looked into it. I guess I'm hoping one of my journalist friends will hook me up.

Utilizing some herbs this week:

Super Delish Melon Mint Slush
Honeydew Melon, Ginger Ale, Mint, Sugar, Ice
So Refreshing

Turkey Burgers with Rosemary Mayo & Brie


Mitch topped his with pepper jack instead of brie & loved it
This week's recipes courtesy of Giada De Laurentiis. I can rarely take credit for anything I make (except I that physically prepare the food). Why reinvent the wheel when someone else has got it down perfectly?

So this week I've gotten up way earlier than I intended. I assumed I'd be sleeping in until at least 9 everyday, but I haven't even come close. I'm up by 7 at the latest. I love coming to the computer every morning, looking up recipes and being entertained by the rabbits and squirrels in our neighborhood. All the babies are out and about, so it's kind of hilarious watching them play. They are so not sure of themselves or each other yet.

Friday we're going to an event to support Free & Fair Elections in the Congo. Check out Falling Whistles.

~Ciao

No comments:

Post a Comment