Thursday, July 19, 2012

No Complaining!

You know...I've been making a list of things to blog about lately, but when I went back to it, it was a bunch of complaints. So I just deleted it all and said forget it. No one really wants to hear me complaining. I woke up today and decided I was going to be in a good mood...and I AM!!

Not much has been going on lately. We had a really low-key Fourth of July. There's not much you can do with a baby in Texas when it's 95 outside. We grilled out with friends and that's pretty much it.

the twins keepin' cool
this pic makes me think of a typical Texas summer
a laid back kiddo with her daddy
these two are quite alike      

Stella is getting so big. I can't believe how quickly she's grown. She just turned 5 months old!!!



This girl is super laid-back...until she's not. Wow can her mood change in a second. I shouldn't laugh, but I'm totally cracking up right now.   
(I know...I sound like a bad mom...whatever...it's funny)


Stella Kate Update:

-GREAT night sleeper - 11.5hrs without a peep
-Napping...I've been instructed to read a book about baby sleep habits...I guess I should get on that...right now Stella takes two 45 min naps during the day and is still catnapping in the evening. I can NEVER get her to stay asleep after her first REM cycle is over. Whatever...I sound like an idiot talking about REM cycles. But they're no joke. I can't figure it out.
-She can sit up by herself for a few minutes
-She can pull herself up to standing with our help
-Roxy & Stella are becoming fast friends...I never thought this would happen
-Her smiles are the BEST!!


As for my other two children - Roxy & Beau

Beau was recently diagnosed with some sort of funky eyelid issue. So he's on 4 different pills and eye drops. Do you even understand how hard it is to give a dog eye drops?!?! I had to buy one of those pill counters that divides your pills into morning and night because it's so confusing!!!
*Side Note: Roxy likes the cookies and cheese puffs from the Nutrisystem box. One day I came home and there was a perfectly opened wrapper on the couch...then I found the rest under the bed. She's a crafty little girl. Her unwrapping skills never cease to amaze me. 


Upcoming Events:

Next weekend we're heading to the coast for a long weekend with Mitch's mom and stepdad...YAY!

I'm having my tonsils removed...YAY! Yes, I know what you're thinking. Why on earth would I be excited about that? Well, since high school I've had the worst tonsils and I've never done anything about them. So, yes...I'm thrilled to have a sore throat from hell for about a week and to lose weight because I can't eat. (I promise that 2nd thing is not why I'm having my tonsils removed..although it doesn't hurt in the case of Barbara vs. Baby Weight)


~Pray that I can get motivated to workout. It's scary over here. And whether I want to or not...I must fit into my work clothes in 4 weeks. YIKES!

No comments:

Post a Comment