Sunday, January 1, 2012

On to a New Year!

scanner broken :(
picture of a picture - not so great
starting week 33 - NYE

We rang in the New Year very low key. Mitch and I went to dinner and brought our dessert home. We watched a movie, but I was out well before midnight! I can't believe that was our last NYE date as a family of 2. Next year, we'll have to find a babysitter or have a party at our house! Oh, how things will change soon.

32 Weeks
Christmas Eve

Decorating cookies!
I will keep the number I ate that night a secret ;)

Christmas went off without a hitch. We spent Christmas Eve at my grandmother's decorating cookies, making Mexican food, and opening presents! On Christmas Day our dads and Katie came over for brunch and we just relaxed by the fire. These next few pics are mostly of how the pups spent their Christmas...in 2012, I imagine fewer pics of the pups and a few more of Miss Stella Kate!

Excited for a mini-road trip to Fort Worth on Christmas Eve
Roxy completely hating when Lacey came near...she turned into "Devil Dog"
We had never seen this side of her before :/
*Lacey is my grandmother's dog
Trying to look innocent - not working
Poor little girl was not happy
How Beau spent the entire evening - asleep
Too much commotion for this low-key dude

My aunts and mom spent a few days post-Christmas with us working on an art project for the nursery. I hadn't found what I was looking for yet, so with the creative help of those three ladies, I got what I wanted - a piece that no one else would have.

My mom will kill me for posting this, but Beau is just so stinkin' cute here!
Even he couldn't make it through an entire game of Mexican Train.

This holiday was actually quite relaxing and I feel great! I completed tons of chores (it's amazing what you can do when you don't have to work). I was pretty busy the entire 2 weeks off, but it certainly didn't feel like it.

My favorite part of Christmas - Trees!

*New Year's Resolution - Take more pictures...good ones...not from my phone...what has happened to me?
Cheers to a New Year! I hope you had a blessed holiday and that good things are coming your way in 2012!!

No comments:

Post a Comment