Sunday, March 6, 2011

It's All About...

Okay...not all the time...but this week it was!
I have had a fairly low-key week. Yea...My birthday was on Wednesday. I was starting to feel puny, so we just picked up dinner and I was asleep on the couch by 7. It was confirmed the next morning that I either had a cold or really terrible allergies. I've been dealing with it all week. My little cocktail of drugs...Zyrtec, Benadryl & 24 hour Sudafed. Friday I had a technology meeting, so I wasn't at school. Quite frankly, I'm glad because I felt like complete hell all morning...Kiddos would not have made my day better. I actually love getting to work on cool technology stuff all day with other adults. Just confirms that getting out of the classroom is in the near future.

I was so excited to have my wonderful friend Wesley over for the weekend!! Not gonna lie...we didn't stay up late chatting Friday night. We had a 5k to do the next day! 
She probably wants to kill me for posting this!
So if you didn't know, I basically don't run...I walk/jog. For about a year, I have completely lacked motivation to workout. Last month I really started trying to get it together. We have a wedding to go to in Playa in May and honestly, if I don't look good in a bikini, than I'd rather not go...accommodations already purchased, so I better get on it. Anyway...5k...2nd Annual Dash for Beads in Oak Cliff...proceeds go to the beautification of Oak Cliff. I'm down with that.  
It has been decided that a man designed this shirt.
Notice placement of shoes. AWESOME!
Mitch's mask was for picture purposes only.
He wouldn't be caught dead running with it on.
Mitch, Angie, Emerald, Wesley, and I signed up for the small, but fun event. There was a costume contest, so several people looked pretty rockin'. 
a little Johnny Depp action
tutus galore
I originally thought about bringing the dogs since it was a pet friendly event, but damn! It was cold! About 45 degrees and 15-20mph winds. And to think...two days before it had been sunny and 70. I even bought Roxy a Mardi Gras tutu and Beau a pimpin' gold hat with feathers. Next time, I will definitely wear a tutu myself. And all 5ks must end with yummy brunch...thank you Bread Winners for always coming through. Unfortunately we didn't eat in OC because it was packed!
The little bloated-belly girl in her Mardi Gras tutu!
Doesn't she just look thrilled!

Saturday night, we headed out to La Duni for mine and Charlotte's birthday. I just haven't felt like going wild lately. Age? Job? Who knows. After my weekend of partying a couple of weeks ago, I realized...I might be too old for this s***! Nah...I can only take it in small doses. Dinner was great! The company was even better! (Shout out to the Northcutts, Hermes, Hixons, Ms. Oatis & Janssen) 


food blogger...no...that would have to be a whole other blog
mahi mahi, una jarra de sangria, plantains, etc. made for a perfect meal
We had originally planned to make it out to Lee Harvey's for some outdoor live music, but I just wasn't going to make myself miserable. Instead, the Hixon's had us over to their house. We had lovely champagne cocktails, chatted for a while with the fire beaming, and Char made cake balls. It was a perfect way to end the night. I'm sure I mentioned several times that I wanted a group pic before we all left, but it never happened. I was enjoying my friends too much to even think about it. But thanks to Emerald, I have some decent shots of that night.
Dave & Angie
Emerald & I
"Holy Cake Balls" (E. Oatis)
camping, babies, etc.
The topics of us folks who are aging quite nicely

Latin American leftovers on Sunday were quite scrumptious! A little chai and good conversation while still in my p.j.s topped off my Sunday morning perfectly. Thanks Wes for spending the weekend with us.

T-minus 5 days until Spring Break begins. For some reason, there are quite a few tests on the school schedule this week. I don't know that my kids' effort level will be 100%. They already have "Spring Fever" (as do I). The only major plan I have for SB is getting Beau's ACL rupture repaired. That'll happen next Tuesday. That makes knee surgery numero seis for us. Poor Beau. Roxy has recently gone through a battery of tests that ultimately confirmed that her liver and adrenal glands ARE functioning normally. She'll be on meds for 90 days to see if there is a change in her bloodwork and hopefully her bloated belly will go down. If not, there's a possibility that she has benign hepatitis. I'll take that over Cushings Disease, which is what we thought she had. She also has two kidney stones the size of peas that aren't affecting her right now, but will need to be surgically removed soon. Poor little lady just can't be normal. If only my pups could feel better and stay better. Other than that...hangin' out with the pups and getting some "Me Time" in during my week off.

These lovely beauties stopped for a break in our front trees (about 20 of them)
Haven't been able to identify their species yet
Signs of Spring!
I (well, hopefully we) will be headed to Austin this Friday to see the mom and sis for a little birthday get-together. We'll be celebrating with Rebecca and Wesley for their March birthdays as well. Watch out ladies...I might be back on a party roll! I truly hope Mitch can get his patients out of the hospital this week so he can join me in ATX. He really isn't making plans to go anywhere (except for Mexico) any weekend until the good boss lady is back in June. Sooner would be nice.

Until then. Have a wonderful week. Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment