Tuesday, March 15, 2011

My Weekend Went Like This...

Apology - All pics taken since Friday were via iPhone (except the flowers). Spent the entire weekend w/o an actual camera. I forgot that and my contacts...thank goodness for glasses.

Friday - Spring Break is here! Roxy ate the package of chapstick I bought last week...I've been looking for it since then. Mitch found it under the guest bed. Sneaky little bugger.

She either felt guilty and quit eating or she wasn't a fan of the pink one.
I must say...she's pretty sly...got the package open and popped all the tops &
bottoms, eating 90% of both the green and red flavors.

Saturday - Arrived safely to mom's where beautiful flowers were waiting. Thanks guys!


They took me to Jack Allen's for my birthday...very scrumptious. Chili fries to die for...along with everything else I had. The gorgeous patio weather made it just perfect.

bacon-wrapped quail...mmmmm
Gorgonzola-crusted petite fillet
chili fries and mojito featured in the background
oops...bad etiquette..
should've taken pic prior to devouring the bloody red beast
yes...I'm a Medium Rare kinda gal...that is actually gravy on the plate

Sunday - Had a great lunch date with two of my fav gals Alicia & Wesley at Cipollina...again with the food...I can't help it...it was delightful! This was followed by a little Sunday afternoon Chicken $*@! Bingo at Ginny's Little Longhorn Saloon. Oh, Austin. You did me right. Couldn't have been a more relaxing day. 

(The next sentence should be read in a good ol' Texas accent)...Nothin' screams Texas like sittin' in a parkin' lot in my camp chair, drinkin' $2 Lonestar behind a little one room shack covered in old license plates listenin' to Dale Watson blarin' out the door (in the best city Texas has to offer). I rarely do this sorta thing. Miss Wesley had a birthday to be celebrated, so I was there...pretty darn happy I went. Instagram was a life saver...I just didn't feel like editing these...

The Birthday Girl Herself
That was just the first hour
Ginny's
Reaction to first taste of somethin' special
Still trying to figure out if these are just retro cans or
is this actually beer from back when?
It tasted like it was from back when!
just a part of the gang that day
Felt necessary to capture something not everyone has.
Can you believe they don't sell Best Maid Pickles in all 50?!?!

Monday -...drove back to DFW :(

Tuesday - Beau was supposed to have knee surgery this morning. Thank god those ortho vets know what they're talking about. He couldn't even feel a rupture. That doesn't mean there isn't one, but since he's getting around pretty well, neither the vet or myself wants to put the little dude in a compromising position. The risk isn't ridiculously high, but with his heart murmur, he's just not a good candidate for anesthesia. Champagne will be toasted just for this news alone!

The only thing missing from these last few days was my other half. Looking forward to spending time with him this weekend. Pics of what's left of the flowers he gave me a couple weeks ago for my bday...


And I love bringing Spring into the house!




...besos

*Birds from previous post are Cedar Waxwings








No comments:

Post a Comment